WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for Civil Engineering graduate with working experience to assist our engineering design team with design and plan production, report preparation and site inspection related to site development and municipal engineering projects. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of experience in detailed design utilizing Civil 3D related to land development projects predominantly completed in the Greater Toronto Area.
Reporting to the Manager of our Engineering Department, you will be responsible for the
- provide design & CAD drafting assistance to engineering staff as it relates to sewer, watermain, roadway, site servicing, grading & stormwater management designs utilizing AutoDesk Civil 3D.
- Preparation of Stormwater Management and Functional Servicing reports
- Provide surveying support as required in conjunction with the preparation of as-constructed drawings
- Conduct site inspections, and preparation of the related inspection reports
- The qualified candidate possesses an undergraduate Engineering degree in civil engineering obtained at an accredited Canadian University.
- Has a minimum of 2 years of design & CAD experience in sewer, watermain, grading, erosion and sediment control and roadway design.
- a sound working knowledge of Autodesk Civil 3D
- the ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities
- superior oral and written communication skills
- must have current work experience on projects in Toronto and surrounding area; including York Region, Peel Region, Durham Region, Halton Region, the City of Hamilton and the City of Barrie.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office Suite, Bentley hydraulics software, and water resources baed software (HEC RAS, VO, etc.)
- Ontario Driver’s License and have access to a vehicle
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes by email to:
Please indicate in the subject line:
“Application for Employment – Civil Designer”